Monday, February 3, 2014

Snow Day!

After growing up in Florida and living in San Diego, never did I think I would move somewhere that had actual snow days. When Tuesday rolled around and word got around that we were expecting snow, my first thought was, "yeah right." But sadly, I think a lot of Atlanta and the surrounding areas had the same thought. Turns out...over the course of the day Tuesday, we ended up with over 3 inches of snow. I was telling a couple of friends of mine, as I watched the snow falling down in sheets from inside my warm house, that I was thankful to be home with my kids and not shuffling around a classroom full of 3rd graders on a day like today! There were thousands upon thousands of people stranded on the highways of Atlanta for 10+ hours at a time. I am truly thankful that Brian, who worked all day Tuesday, made it home safely.

The entire neighborhood was home on Wednesday! I have said many times how much fun our neighborhood is with all of the families and kids of all different ages! We decided to bundle up the kids and go to the park, cookie sheet in hand, for some good old fashioned sledding :-)

Here are some pics from our snow day!





 The neighbor's sledding down the road :-)











 And this is what happens when your older brother throws a snowball at your face...

 Thanks, Mandi...for the GREAT picture idea :-)

One thing I have learned from being trapped inside because of snow is that I would probably be okay with doing this maybe one day a year :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment