Monday, November 4, 2013

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

A couple of months ago, Brian walks in the door from work and the first thing Griffin says to him is, "Daddy, will you play baseball with me?"

I'm 150% sure of it that those are the exact words he has been waiting to hear since he heard the Ultrasound Tech tell us we were having a boy back in 2010.

I grew up a total band nerd and while I tried my hand at softball and soccer, the closest I ever came to doing anything athletic was cheerleading...and my toe touch was more of a "I barely made it off the ground and came NOWHERE near touching my toes." My handsome hubby, on the other hand, was ALSO a total band nerd, but also rocked at soccer, baseball, and now, golf!

Needless to say, when I heard we were having a boy, I threw up a prayer to the man upstairs and begged that he would get Brian's athletic skills...and NOT my "non-existent" athletic abilities.

Then we had Griffin, and so far, my prayer has been answered. Golf, soccer, baseball, basketball. You name it, he's into it and he's actually pretty good at them! He can run and kick a soccer ball at the same time, he has a killer left handed golf swing, and he can hit a baseball, on average, about 4 out of 10 times...with out a tee!

Naturally, I couldn't wait to get him into some sort of "sports related" activity and it's looking like this Spring is going to be our chance! We are going to enroll him in Spring tee-ball and we have absolutely ZERO expectations of how this is going to go :-)

We took him to the baseball field the other day and had a ton of fun playing with both of our boys.































No comments:

Post a Comment