Monday, November 4, 2013

9 months old!

B-rad turned 9 months old on October 23rd! I probably should've squeezed a blog post in before the Halloween madness began, but ain't nobody got time for that...Especially since I've been working on re-vamping my desk that I've had for the better part of 10 years. So I'm updating from the floor of my office.

Here is our 9 month old!!

Remember last month when I said that Brady wasn't standing yet and that we'd save that heart attack for another month?? Yea...about 2.5 minutes after I said that, he start standing. He will hold onto anything. The table legs while looking up at Griffin eating. The TV stand, already blinding himself at the ripe age of 9 months. The recliner while Griffin "not-so gently" rocks it back and forth. He's also damn near pants-ed (sp??) me a few times by pulling on my yoga pants while I've been doing the dishes. 

He doesn't even sit for pictures anymore.

Brady now has 4 top and 4 bottom teeth with a couple more rearing their ugly little heads. He's been tolerating the teeth popping thru much easier than he was a few months ago. He would prefer to have a few sips of formula and a whole BUNCH of people food. He eats EVERYTHING! Which I am loving and hope his appetite sticks. Because the other tiny human living in my house only likes hot dogs and fruit loops.



His personality is so cute. He's starting to really engage in all of us around him, besides just the adorable smile he's been using against us for months now. 

How big is Brady??
SO BIG!
It never gets old.


He's officially mastered saying Mama and Dada. He even points to me when I ask him where I am!! I mean, he has to be laying down, on his changing table, looking up at me, in order to do so...but I'm pretty sure he knows just what he's doing.

He also is really enjoying "Peek-A-Boo!" I use a burp cloth and put it over his face and he pulls it down over his eyes with a big 'ol smile! The only thing he loves more than Peek-A-Boo is sucking his 2 fingers. I'll try to play the game with him, take the burp cloth, throw it over his face, and it just sits there...b/c he's sucking those dang fingers. He's like, "Nah...I'm good, Ma."


There is still all kinds of brotherly love going on in the Walsh house. 


Despite the occasional dirty diaper that Griff shoves in Brady's face.


Griffin has been doing this "tackling" thing with Brady lately that makes me pretty uneasy. All I see are visions of my littlest smashing his head on the floor, getting choked out, breaking a bone under the weight of his brother, etc, etc... So, every time I see Griffin go to bear hug Brady and take him down, wrestler style, I stop him with a loud, "GRIFFIN!! KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!" Well, the other day I finally got the chance to see, first hand, how this rough play plays out. Brady stands up on something, Griffin comes up from behind him, hugs Brady from around the waist, and pulls him on top of him and they fall back onto the ground. Ok...not so bad. Especially when I saw the biggest smile of smiles on Brady's face. I was like, Oh...he actually LOVES this! As a Mom of boys, I need to remember that rough-housing is going to happen and it's going to get much more intense as they get older and stronger. (Deep breaths, their just boys, takes checkbook out to pay broken bone bills, deep breaths, little girls are all drama, deep breaths, you don't even like pink, deep breaths) :-)

I have never seen my kids look so gangster.


No comments:

Post a Comment