Monday, October 14, 2013

Marathon trip to Oklahoma!

First off...I had every intention of packing my best outfits for our trip to Oklahoma with the hopes of running smack into Blake Shelton...

Spoiler Alert: That did not happen.

In reality, we were there for a much more important reason. Our, one and only, cousin (yes, I really only have ONE cousin) was getting married to her main squeeze, Chad. After Chad popped the question, it only took Meg a few weeks to ask us if they could have Griffin be a part of their special day. My first thought was, well duh....of course! But after discussing the whole situation with the quick trip, plane flights (now that he's two....almost 3!), and realizing we could possibly have a kid-free weekend (that's so selfish, right??) we ended up declining the offer.

Not that he wouldn't have looked amaze-balls in a mini-tux.

So we set up plans for Nana to watch the boys here in Georgia (Thanks Nana!) and on Friday morning, we were Oklahoma bound!

As much as I love spending every waking moment with my boys (said with sickly amounts of sarcasm) it was nice getting dolled up 2 nights in a row without having to sacrifice some form of the "getting ready" process. I even enjoyed cocktails while getting ready...which was pretty simple being that my parents brought their "home-away-from-home" bar they practically keep packed in their car when they travel.

I even managed to fit my cowboy boots on my carry-on!


I didn't even own a pair of cowboy boots up until about 6 months ago. But I am obsessed with them and look for every single chance to wear them...which with the summer heat in Georgia and my flip-flop-wearing Florida girl self...it has been a grand total of 2 times. But we were in Oklahoma. So I did as the Oklahom-ians do.

Here are a few pictures from the wedding...


Yes...I did the Pinterest "sock bun" for my wedding hair. The actual process of it seems simple. But I NEVER do my own hair, unless I am blow drying and flat ironing it, so I realized, in that very moment, what every hair dresser has dealt with for every up-do I've ever had done in my life. I've always heard them say "what am I going to do with this piece of hair?" "You have SO much hair!!" "I just need a place to put this bunch of hair." So the whole cutting the sock, putting your hair in a pony, sliding the sock on, and making the bun is easy. It's what you manage to do with the rest of the hair sticking out that was my problem. Nothing a hundred few bobby pins and a half a bottle of hair spray couldn't fix!

Any QT spent with my sister is A-OK in my book!


I need to give a small shout-out to my Sis and Brother-In-Law...they have made some serious lifestyle changes over the past couple of months and they are looking more and more FABULOSO as each day passes! I've told you both a bajillion times...but I'm super proud of you!

Never can say enough good things about these two. My parents are amazing and made this weekend happen for us! Thank you Mom and Dad for an AWESOME time!!


Megan and Chad <3


Meg and I...only 6 months apart!


For realz...she's our ONLY cousin.

Happy to have been able to spend such a special weekend with our family. We missed the boys so much. As soon as I came home I wanted to go up to Brady's room, pick him up, and rock him. But then I stopped thinking like a crazy person.

We made up for lost snuggles today.

Congratulation to Megan and Chad...we love you guys!!





1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you and Brian (and, of course, Jules and Matt) could make it all the way to OK for our wedding! Especially since your family was literally my ONLY family there next to Chad's family (which could pass as a small town in Oklahoma!). Promise we'll get together again soon. Maybe we will have a lil one by then ;-) love you, cuz!

    ReplyDelete