Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Brady George

Brady was one of my MOST favorite boy names when we were picking names the FIRST time we were pregnant. When we found out that we were having a boy again I put it back on the table...and won the battle of the names :-) Brian wanted Oliver, which obviously wasn't going to happen.

Side note: I apologize to ANYONE that wants to name their baby or future baby Oliver. That is all I'm going to say.

George is both my Grandfather's first name and Brian's Grandfather's middle name. I don't know much about Brian's Grandfather b/c I was never lucky enough to meet him, but my Grandfather...he was kind, he was loving, he was tall, and he loved golf. He reminds me a lot of the man Brian is...and a lot of what I want my own boys to grow up like.

BIRTH DAY:
Well...January 23rd came and since Brady didn't want to come out on his own, we forced him out via c-section. I had a c-section with Griffin, so I "sorta" knew what I was in for as far as the surgery went. But after 36+ hours of labor and almost 3 hours of pushing, a c-section sounded like a princess party on crack. So I knew I was going to be nervous going in for the c-section with Brady.

And I was. So stinkin' nervous. But I managed to shave my legs and blow dry my hair....so it must not have been so bad.

My sweet friend, who has a son the same age as Griffin, came over to watch Griffin while we all left for the hospital. I still don't know how I got so lucky meeting her (at the nail salon of all places!!!), but I did. And I am eternally grateful for her and all of her help. I knew Griffin would be having a fun play date and I would have minimal worries about him. 

It's weird walking into the hospital to have a baby and not having intense contractions, shortness of breath, begging for an epidural. Just kidding...none of those things happened to me with Griffin...except for the contractions...those are just really un-fun.

Most memorable moment in the OR? The nurse was standing in front of me while I was getting ready to have my spinal tap put in when my own doctor came in, told the nurse that she was going to take over her place, she stood in front of me, put her hands on my shoulders and was the one to comfort me while I got the dreaded shot. I don't know why this took me by surprise. I guess I just had thought she would be doing something more important. It was very calming and very much appreciated. I told my doctor at my 2 week follow up that it meant so much to me that she did that. She told me that there was no where else she was supposed to be than right there in that moment. Wow...just wow. 

The surgery was a success and at 1:10PM (after the most intense pressure EVER) I heard my doctor say, "He's DEFINITELY bigger than Griffin!!" Then I heard Brian say, "Holy Crap!! He looks JUST like Griffin." 

Brady George came into our lives weighing in at 9 pounds 4 ounces...and here's the gross money shot that Mom said I couldn't post on Facebook.


They look so gross and beautiful all at the same time. Something I think only a Mom would truly understand. You wait a long 9 months to see just what they are going to look like...and he was perfect. Just like his big brother.

Then...I get left alone. Which is what I like. I want my babies to hear a familiar voice when they come out and their Daddy's voice is the perfect one to hear, and I'm okay with that. I had my moment alone...just as I did when Griffin was born...where I let a tear or 2 trickle down my face as I listen to my newborn baby cry and then hear him calm down as he gets all comfy and warm in his blankets and gets passed on to his Daddy.




I did it. We did it. We managed to bring another beautiful, chubby, healthy baby into this crazy world. 10 more fingers and 10 more toes to kiss, play with, worry about. It's an amazing feeling. 






No comments:

Post a Comment