Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bringing Brady Home

Griffin seemed to really take to Brady in the hospital. He visited every morning and afternoon. We let him hold him, kiss him, and touch him as much as he wanted to.


I think it was this moment here when my worries about having 2 under 2 drifted away.


I love the time spent in the hospital. I loved it with Griffin and I loved it with Brady. We actually stayed one more night than we really needed to. But just as Griffin had those moments with just Brian and I, I thought it was equally important for Brady to have those first few days with just Mommy and Daddy, as well.

The day we left the hospital was extremely hectic. One minute it was just the 3 of us relaxing in our room, the next minute it was time to be discharged and our room was filled to the brim with people, talking, asking questions...basically just too loud for my liking. << I blame the serious amount of hormones on those feelings.

I was instantly missing the quiet, peaceful moments Brian, Brady, and I had the last 3 nights. I knew once we left the hospital my life was going to be utter chaos.

It was in those hectic moments, that I now realize, I never got the hospital pictures that I wanted. At the time, it just wasn't worth the effort. But most of you know I'm a picture fanatic...and I wish I had just hushed everyone, told them to get out, and did my Mommy Picture thing. After all, I just had a baby, nothing I would've said out of annoyance should've been held against me :-)

Of course the day it was time to come home Griffin was a CRANK FACE! I'm not sure if he woke up too early, woke up on the wrong side of the crib, or what...but naturally, the day we came home he wasn't pleasant.

Until we actually got home.

Piece of advice to having another baby #2: Have a "Big Sibling" present waiting for them when you get home. Brady (Brian and I) bought an awesome fire truck for Griffin with sirens, sounds, a ladder...it had all the goodies. We let Griffin open it and we told him that it was from Brady....

It worked. PHEW!

And I'm not sugar coating it when I say we've had ZERO jealousy issues. I think there has been one time in 16 weeks where Griffin has asked me to put Brady down to play with him. I'm not sure if I just have a really understanding, now 2 year old, or if Brady just has an insanely calm disposition, but I thank the good Lord for my rather calm household. Minus the occasional ball that flies past my head...our 2 year old has a wicked (LEFTY) throwing arm (cha-ching!).


Tie stickers. Genius. I figured out AFTER this pic that in order for them to not look totally weird I actually have to cut the tie out. They didn't have these gems when Griffin was born. I used a sharpie and a piece of printer paper to document the months. So I'll just go ahead and say #newishmomproblems











No comments:

Post a Comment