Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We're PREGNANT!

Well...not exactly. I'm going to pick up where I left off and pretend like I didn't drop this blog like a hot potato as soon as I peed on the stick approximately 1 year ago! I logged onto FB the other day to find that one of our dear friends updated her family blog and I literally had an "Oh Crap! The blog!!" moment and decided that in all my free time I have these days that I would get back into it. So let's start from the beginning...which would be May of 2012.

As I was sipping a fresh raspberry mojito at Mom and Dad's (I feel like every pregnancy has started with a really good "last" beverage) I didn't think a baby was on the horizon...not that I wasn't hoping for one. But after Memorial Day weekend was over I realized the date (as all of us women do...or will one day) and thought, Hmm...I should check the calendar. So there I was, counting the days, and of course it wasn't adding up. So I took the test and lo and behold!! I said to Bri, "Well...it's exactly what I thought." To which he replied, "Oh, negative?" And I said, "Nope!" The look on his face will never get old. I'm thinking of having 7 more kids just to relive that moment over and over (just kidding).

Pregnancy with a rambunctious 1 year old is for the birds!!!!!! I realized this rather quickly. I had some serious "mommy epic fail" moments in those first few months. One in particular: One day I was sleeping sitting on the couch and Griffin comes up and taps me on the arm with a 6 pack of applesauce in his hands and says "hungry." Oh...right...just b/c I don't feel like eating anything but saltines doesn't mean you should go hungry too. My child ate more processed foods in those 9 months than he ever has in his short life.

The plus of having a toddler while pregnant? You don't have time to sit on the couch and stuff your face. I gained 20 pounds MORE with Griffin than I did with Brady. So to that I say, thank you Griffin, for keeping Mommy in shape. And for all of you who are wondering if carrying a toddler while 9 months pregnant is difficult...it strangely isn't. It's like God has somehow perfected the mother's body to do just that.

So here I am...in all my glory...the day I gave birth to Brady. This pic was a total Pinterest fail (as most of my creative Pinteresty ideas are).




No comments:

Post a Comment