Monday, June 24, 2013

5 Months!

Heyyyy you little 5 Month Old!




This chunk-a-lunk weighs in at 19.8 pounds and is 26.5 inches long!

Brady has been super busy this month with all this roley-poley, teeth growing, food eating business that he's been doing.  

We started the month off by packing away the 6 month clothes and bringing down the 9 month bin from the attic. It felt rather light. Sure enough, it had about 5 pairs of pants, 8 onesies, and a sweatshirt. It appears that Griffin spent a lot of time naked during his 9 month, clothes wearing, phase. Lucky for me, I just happened to be face timing with Grandma while I realized the shortage of clothes...you all know where this is going. What do ya know??? A Carter's package filled with some new 9 month goodies showed up on our doorstep less than a week later (Thanks Grandma!) Then, Nana had a Kohl's coupon that she just HAD to spend (Thanks Nana!)...so point of the story being...B-rad is lookin' handsome these days in all of his new threads. Spoiled, but handsome :-)

We started Brady on food during month 4. The AAP came out with a new study that babies shouldn't have solids (purees) until 6 months, something that has literally changed just since Griffin was born. SOAPBOX MOMENT: I really didn't like or agree with the new recommendations. I'd go into a longer explanation as to why I don't agree, but you probably don't care. I'll just leave it with my short opinion. I am a firm believer that 99% of obesity issues come from family genetics. I think it is incorrect that formula fed babies and early introduction to solids result in child obesity. My 2 year old is living proof of that. End of soapbox moment. I'm going to indulge you all in my very own food blog post soon...I know you all are on the edge of your seats for that one.

Speaking of food...Brady is damn near ready to eat his first steak! Two teeth broke thru last month and the doc thinks it isn't long before he has 2 more! Bless his little heart (Oh Lord, that statement just made me a true Georgian), he hasn't really let the teeth affect his little personality! 

We're working on sitting on our own. We like to play this completely safe, but hilarious game, called TIMBERRRR! It goes a little something like this...

Oooh...look! My feets.

Annnd I'm falling.

TIMBERRR!

We have long days together. We have to find humor in just about everything. Or else the Pineapple Jack Rum would make it's appearance way too early in the day...

I'd be a horrible Mom if I didn't mention the other little human living in the house!

Cute, right? This is why I can't pay money for professional pictures. 

Want to know what this is? This is Griffin...throwing a tantrum...about having to take a picture. 

I have BIG plans for a blog post about our bi-polar 2 year old. I actually engaged myself in a 10 minute long argument with him last week over...wait for it....yogurt. It was an early rum kinda day...


No comments:

Post a Comment