Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cough, sanitize, change diaper, sanitize, sneeze, sanitize....

Being sick sucks. Being sick AND being a stay at home Mom is even worse. A couple of weeks ago Bri was down for the count. He woke up and it was definitely a "call in sick" kinda day. So, I went about my normal business, got the boys up, we did our thing, etc. All the while, Bri is upstairs sleeping off his funk...

...Then I caught the funk.

What did I do when I woke up a few days later and realized I had caught the funk? Well, I'll tell you what I did. I went about my normal business, got the boys up, and we did our thing, etc. No extra sleeping, no alone time to blow my nose in peace, nothing.

I ended up getting some meds and feeling better within a few days. But not before Griffin caught the funk...in his eye! (Or so I thought) So unless I wanted to hop my 2 year old up on some cough medicine laced with codine...it was off to the peds office! Well, the doc had this fantastic idea to check his eye for any abrasions...b/c she didn't think it was anything along the lines of conjunctivitis, which is what my expert Mom-ness was telling me. Do you know what it takes to check an eye for abrasions in a toddler? Dye...and a blacklight. All things you want to run in the opposite direction of as a Mom. I thought, FOR SURE, it was going to be meltdown central, but we managed to get the dye in, blacklight on, and lo & behold...we found a scratch. Like the itty-est, bitty-est scratch there ever was. So naturally the doc insisted on an eye patch. AN EYE PATCH?!? (<< This was actually my exact reaction...at about that volume) and she laughed and said..."Let's just try it."

^^ I mean...could you die? I could die. ^^

He literally was FINE with it...despite the fact that I busted out in a fit of giggles every time I looked at him. I'm sure this will help his self-esteem in the long run.

So now it has been another 3 weeks and we have dealt with bronchitis, sinusitis, and the stomach flu...but we are officially on the mend. Thank God!!! I almost want to go back to work JUST so I can take a sick day.



No comments:

Post a Comment