Wednesday, October 2, 2013

BG is 8 Months Old!

It's October 1st 2nd...which means I am officially behind on posting. If you had asked me a few months ago how staying home with 2 wee ones is, I would've said that it's a lot like staying home with just one! As I sit here, guzzling down my second cup of coffee, I'm laughing at that former statement.

I'll start with stats...b/c if another day passes, I will forget them....

B-rad turned 8 Months Old on September 23rd! He is still as freakin' cute as can be....


He's about 22 pounds of chubby goodness. Wearing all 12 month clothes...and I tread lightly when I say all 12 month clothes. B/c if I had 18 months jammies unpacked, he'd be wearing those. You know those times when you have to have your hubby, friend, Mom, etc, etc, zip up a dress that you know fit last month, but you have to hold together the sides all while screaming "Don't zip my skin....don't zip my skin!!"?? Well...that's kindof how  feel when I'm trying to zip footie jammies over B's chubba-licious thighs.


He went from having 2 teeth to 5 teeth in ONE week. He mouths EVERYTHING...and I know it's a baby thing, but Griffin never put anything in his mouth, so it kindof grosses me out. We officially stopped all purees and his meals usually consist of veggies, cheese, small pieces of meat, and cut up fruit....and cheerios. Always cheerios. And he feeds himself! Which amazes me. I'm not sure when Griff started picking up food himself...but it most definitely wasn't this early.


One bad thing about the 2nd baby doing things faster?? My kid has officially started weaning himself off of his morning nap....ALREADY!!! This topic could seriously bring me to tears...not really...I'm being overly-dramatic about this...but I REALLY enjoy my time with Griffin when Brady naps. Especially since I have set their schedule to take their afternoon nap at the same time so I can take a nap tackle my to-do list. Griffin and I spend this time reading books, playing baseball outside, coloring, doing some pre-pre-K learning activities, etc.... I've been spending this time with him since Brady was a newborn, so another adjustment is about to ensue! For now, I'm still trying to squeeze a little nap out of Brady, but he is fighting back like Mike Tyson...minus the whole ear biting thing.


B has officially started his own little vocabulary. He can say Dada, Mama, and Ba...which we *think* means bottle, sometimes I think it's his word for Griffin. Either way...it's ADORABLE! Brian spends a lot of time with him in front of our picture frames around the house asking him to point out "Mama" and "Dada" and "Griffin." Only problem is, when he's sitting in his high chair or in the playroom and we ask, "Brady...where's Mama??" He looks for the nearest picture frame and not for me. So it needs some work.






Brady hasn't quite started standing on his own yet. Save that heart attack for another month. He gets around quite nicely. Although, Griffin thinks that now that Brady is mobile he can do all the things that Griffin can do....like throw a baseball. Which usually ends up with a baseball (soft, of course) getting thrown at B's head. I don't think Brady minds so much. After all, he spends most of the day trying to get Griffin's attention. Crawling on him, taking his toys, touching his face when G gets close enough. No one can make Brady smile quite like Griffin can. It makes the rough days worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment