Thursday, August 15, 2013

28th Annual Bouska Family Beach Week

I can't believe our annual beach week came and went SO fast. I gear up for that vacation at the start of Spring...so I suppose I only have myself to blame.

It was B's first trip to the beach. He really took it all in and made the most of it...


I had the fab idea to get a picture of Brady (who wasn't *quite* sitting up yet) from behind, sitting in the sand, looking out at the ocean...


I had really high hopes that it would turn out perfectly...


Yea....remember my previous post about our fun, yet completely safe, game we play called Timberrrr?


Turns out that sand is less forgiving when you face plant onto it.

Side Note: Even though this picture was, yet another, Pinterest fail...baby powder actually does help remove sand! So Pinterest...you redeemed yourself...for now.

Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think Griffin would start swimming, sans the floatie, this summer. I was super bummed when the lady G took swim lessons with last year was booked until AFTER we got back from beach week. But after spending a week with all my family, taking turns swimming with him, and getting really excited for him, I think it was actually better than any swim lessons he could've had! I feel like sometimes when you have too much instruction, it can take some of the fun out of it. I grew up with a pool, so swimming was always second nature to me. There would be days my sisters and I would wake up, put on our suits, and we wouldn't take them off until we got into our jammies that night. So raising "water babies" is super important to me. I want them to love the feeling of summer, swimming, the ocean, getting sandy...all of it! 

These pictures bring me pure joy. Just being a little boy and loving life...






Beach week is just filled with lazy days in the sun...


Lots of much needed cousin time...


Enough Grandma and Grandpa snuggles to go around...


Much needed family time...


And this year we were spoiled to have a 4th floor oceanside room, where I woke up to this every morning. Yes, Please, and Thank You...


Until next year :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment