Thursday, August 15, 2013

B-rad's Baptism

Any time that we have our family and friends gather for a celebration for one of our children, I always feel so blessed. Brady's baptism was no different! His Godparent's drove all the way from New York to be a part of his special day...and we are so thankful!


It is tradition in our family for the Godparents to dress the baby in his gown. These 2 particular pictures make me smile from ear to ear. He loves his Aunt Reen and Unk.



Colleen is Brian's younger sister, who is actually 10 days older than me! She is, by far, the funniest person in their family. I got really lucky to have her as my sister-in-law. She asked me, back in 2004, to be the Godmother of her and Michael's 1st son, James. At that time, Brian and I were just beginning to date again and who knew where our relationship was going?? But she said that she didn't care if we made it as a couple, that she wanted me in her life regardless. There's a lot to be said for that. Like I said, I'm really lucky. 

Michael has been in the Army FOREVER...or so it seems :-) He is a Kiowa helicopter pilot and has made us all proud on numerous occasions. As I mentioned before, they live alllllllllllllllll the way in New York. I mean, it's practically Canada. We are hoping they get the opportunity, in the VERY near future, to move closer to us. I can't handle very many more teary good-byes.

 So back to B-rad's special day...

He did great during the baptism! The kid literally fusses over nothing! I thought, for sure, the smelly oil, the cold water, or even the stranger touching his forehead would get to him, but no. He's so easy going. It makes having a toddler rather bearable ;-)


Wait...whose toddler is this that's sitting here pretending to read quietly?? Not mine. 


Hey there buddy :-)


My love <3


I couldn't help but post a picture from G's baptism back in December 2011. Brady wore the same gown, last weekend, that Griffin wore a couple of years ago. Again, it's these moments that make me feel blessed beyond words. Thank you to everyone that helped us celebrate our little boy!











No comments:

Post a Comment